Thursday 5 October 2017

King Street Ramsgate in 1939, bit of sketching in Canterbury



These are the Ramsgate 1938/39 street directory pages for King Street, I don’t think there were any directories from 1940 to 1948 because of the war and associated paper shortage


This is 138 King Street from Katharine Brown’s post to the Facebook group Friends of Ramsgate Seafront https://www.facebook.com/groups/1591056714503080/permalink/2000253250250089/ 

These are the Ramsgate 1938/39 street directory pages for King Street, I don’t think there were any directories from 1940 to 1948 because of the war and associated paper shortage, so hopefully the right owners as she said early 40s and this is the closest.

Here is the link for buying the directory http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/catalogue/id327.htm obviously you can come into the bookshop and browse it.


I’ve been watercolour painting in Canterbury today

This one is finished, I think

And this was a quick sketch in Chocolate Café after finishing the other one

A few Canterbury photos from today



















A relaxed day off although we bought a lot of books for the bookshop, but then it’s usually a bit of a busman’s holiday for me. Here is the link to the pictures of the books that went on our shelves yesterday http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/born-to-run-in-bookshop.html   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.